Summer is a subjectively fleeting season and school days are upon us once again. For children, this bittersweet time marks the completion of a period of relative freedom and the beginning of a new ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Many patients find our lifestyle advice a perfect compliment to our chiropractic care. We can help you make lifestyle changes and healthier choices, as part of the personalized holistic wellness plan we provide for each individual. We believe in treating the whole person, helping each patient to gain strength and attain overall health. To this end, our chiropractor has developed helpful lifestyle advice to coach patients toward a higher quality of life and well-being.
Our lifestyle coaching usually begins with recommendations for new life habits to help you avoid falling victim to the same injury (or painful condition) that brought you to us in the first place. Our advice is designed to help you become stronger and more resilient, so that you avoid injury, minimize symptoms of disease and bounce back from any type of adversity as quickly as possible.
Beyond addressing the prevention of future pain, stress or injury, we offer medically sound advice to help improve your day-to-day life and your long-term physical and emotional health. We advocate techniques and lifestyle changes that will help you achieve your life goals. Our expert coaching and nutritional counseling are aimed at helping you to remain healthy, pain free and stress free, as much as possible. This overall wellness and freedom from discomfort provides you a strong foundation to help you attain all your life goals.
Some of the simple life changes and healthy choices that we may suggest to enrich your life include:
• Stay hydrated by drinking more water: Every cell in your body needs water to survival, growth and renewal. Water brings nutrients to the cells and helps carry away toxins.
• Get plenty of restorative sleep nightly: You need restful sleep every night to recharge all your cells, to recover from injury or illness, to enjoy proper organ and intestinal function, and to regain a fresh store of physical and emotional energy. We'll help you get into a healthy sleep routine.
• Stop smoking (if applicable) and avoid second hand smoke: Smoking is linked to everything from lung cancer to slow wound healing to skin wrinkling.
• Attain life balance: Balance work with spend time relaxing, meditating, getting exercise, and spending quality time with friends and family. Choose or pursue work that is truly meaningful and important to you personally to achieve fulfillment and a richer, healthier life.
• Walk more: If you don't do 10,000 steps, don't worry. We will help you work up to your personal best.
• Turn off the TV and mobile devices for a few hours or days: You will be surprised how doing this will help you follow the other good advice. If you tune out your devices, you'll find yourself spending more quality time with others, working out more, etc. Once you become accustomed to spending some time offline, you'll notice a difference in your stress level, too.
• And more.
Not everyone needs coaching or advice in all the above areas. At Molloy Chiropractic Center, Inc. we can help you with your unique, individual set of challenges as part of our comprehensive chiropractic care. We treat patients from throughout Northern Illinois. For more information, contact us at 847-367-7070 today.