Frequently Asked Questions About Shoulder Pain Answered by our Vernon Hills Chiropractor
If you're suffering from shoulder pain, you're probably searching for answers that can help you cast this painful problem aside and get back to your everyday life. Dr. Molloy, our Vernon Hills chiropractor, has provided the answers to some frequently asked questions about shoulder pain its treatment at Molloy Chiropractic Center, Inc.
- What are some of the most common causes of shoulder pain? The two principal causes of shoulder pain are an acute injury to the shoulder or a chronic pain condition involving the nerves, muscles, cartilage, and other structures within the joint. Examples include dislocation of the shoulder, rotator cuff injury, bursitis, frozen shoulder, and arthritis.
- What does the term "rotator cuff injury" refer to? The rotator cuff is a set of four muscles attached by tendons to the bones of the arm. These muscles allow the shoulder to move in all directions. Damage or strain can cause pain and stiffness in these structures.
- What is bursitis? Bursitis in an inflammation of small cushioning sacs in the rotator cuff known as the bursae. If the bursae become inflamed, they may press against muscles and tendons, restricting their motion.
- What is frozen shoulder? Frozen shoulder is a painful condition that may occur after your shoulder has been in a sling or otherwise held still for long periods of time.
- How does overuse of the shoulder cause pain? Frequent repetitive motion may can tiny tears in tissue fibers at a rate faster than the body can repair the damage. This creates a constant state of inflammation.
- What are some common situations that promote repetitive strain shoulder injuries? Swinging a racket or club, constantly reaching upward in your job or hobby, or holding the shoulder in stressful positions for extended periods can all create repetitive strain injuries.
- What if there's nothing wrong with my shoulder? You can experience shoulder pain even when your shoulder is fine. For instance, a pinched nerve in the spine can sometimes send pain signals to the shoulder.
- How does chiropractic care treat shoulder pain? A chiropractic adjustment to the shoulder can correct the position of a dislocated joint or ease the pain of an arthritic shoulder. Your Vernon Hills chiropractor can also correct a vertebral misalignment that causes referred nerve pain to the shoulder.
- What can you do to relieve chronic strain or soft tissue pain in the shoulder? We offer combinations of massage therapy, corrective exercises, heat/cold applications, and other soft tissue therapies.
Contact our Chiropractor in Vernon Hills for Shoulder Pain Relied
Ready to learn more about what our Vernon Hills chiropractor at Molloy Chiropractic Center, Inc. can do for your shoulder? Call 847-367-7070 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Molloy for pain relief.